Willmott Property Support Ltd are your one stop shop for all Statutory Compliance elements. We can organise and assist to ensure your company is compliant.
Annual fire extinguisher servicing
Supply of all types of fire extinguishers
Supply of fire blankets, ID signage
By Law, employers must provide their staff with adequate means of tackling a fire in the workplace. There is also a legal obligation for a competent person to annually service the fire extinguishers to standard BS 5306 part 3.
UK fire safety legislation states that you must provide “appropriate fire-fighting equipment”.
This usually means portable fire extinguishers, but some higher-risk businesses may also need hose reels or sprinklers. An example of a higher-risk business would be a restaurant, or one that needs to store chemicals or flammable materials.
Your fire extinguishers must:
- Be the right type for the business you have and the location they are in
- Be maintained in good working order
- Undergo an annual maintenance test
- Be maintained by a ‘competent’ person
- They may need to be certified to industry standards)